In 1892, a piece of God’s Kingdom emerged . . .
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH was organized in September 1892 in Shawnee, Oklahoma Territory. Following residence in short-term locations, the church built on the corner of 9th and Union streets in 1897. This same building is now located on the campus of Oklahoma Baptist University where it was moved and renamed Stubblefield Chapel in 1963. Additional information relating to the church’s history is available in the book The Lengthening Shadow, written by Dr. Slayden Yarbrough on the occasion of the church’s centennial celebration in 1992.
Visit ISSUU to view the book in a free online viewer.