First Connections – June 10, 2016
Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty firmament! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his exceeding greatness! Psalm 150:1-2
From Properties Committee
When you park on the north side of the church, please use the designated parking – which is either the diagonal parking on the sw side of 10th Street or the parking lot directly north of 10th. Do not parallel park in front of the church on either side of 10th Street. The committee is making this adjustment for the safety of small children.
Youth Choir Tour needs
· They will be giving away twin sheet sets to Women and Children Crisis Centers while on their trip. If you would like to donate new or gently used twin sheet sets please have them to the church office by Sunday, June 12.
· The commissioning for this trip will be Sunday, June 12 during morning worship.
· Please pray for our Youth Choir as they go on Mission Tour to Atlanta, GA June 13-18.
· Please come and join with them in praise & thanksgiving at the Reflection Service on Sunday, June 19 at 6:00 pm.
Dominican Republic Trip Report
Sunday June 13 at 6:00 pm
Come hear Carlos and Mary share about their Mission trip.
Pool Party with the Pastor
Wednesday, June 15, 5:30-7:00 pm
POPS (Parents Of PreSchoolers)
Wednesday, June 15, 5:45-6:45 pm
The Splashpad at
Boy Scout Park (between 9th & Main Streets on Pesotum St.)
1) First Baptist Church will be helping Mission Shawnee for the week of June 20-June 24 (11:00 am – 1:00 pm) to serve lunch to the community. So – we need volunteers to help prepare and serve the food those days. If you are able to help please sign up on the sheet on the Church Office window.
2) Our Women's Ministry is helping out over at Mission Shawnees on Tuesdays this summer. They would like to open this service opportunity up to the church. This will entail packing sandwiches from 9-11 am at Mission Shawnee.
The Southern Baptist Convention has provided us with some prayer cards for the SBC Chaplains. Each card has a photo and basic information for a different Chaplain. These will be available at the Welcome Center until they are all gone.
Give Online. It’s Easy!
FBC is excited to announce that you can now manage your giving On-Line! Giving On-Line is easy and allows you to set up automatic recurring contributions and view your complete giving history from anywhere you have internet access. Go to our website www.firstshawnee.com/give for more details.
If you move or change your phone number or email address, please contact us at the church office so we can make the changes to the church directory and database. (Call 275-6111 or email email@example.com) Thank you! Mary